Thursday 13 March 2014

Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit | MUA





Hey guys! Today's post will be a review of this wonderful little brow kit I recently purchased. I was looking through the MUA counter in Superdrug counter one day and when I saw this I got a little giddy. I have been after a brow kit for a while now and I am quite please with what I got. This kit was £3.50 which I think is extremely reasonable considering Benefit's Browzings retails for £23.50. Sleek do a dupe of Browzings for £8.49 and even though it is considerably cheaper, it's still a little expensive for a me.

Packaging: When it comes to makeup, packaging is important. I know it shouldn't matter but lets face it, it does. If I don't like the look of a product then I just won't buy it so packaging really does make all the difference. Now, at £3.50 I wasn't expecting anything too special however I am pleasantly surprised. Firstly, it feels quite chunky and sturdy which I like as I don't feel like it will break any time soon. Secondly, it has a mirror inside which is the same size as the lid. This makes it just perfect for travelling! It also comes with a handy guide on the back which I thought was cute.

The brow powders: As far as I am aware, there is only one shade available for this set as it means that people with super light hair or super dark hair may not be sufficiently catered for. In this kit, there are two brow shades to chose from; a lighter one (the lighter shade is actually slightly darker than the photo shows) and a darker one so there is some choice even if it is limited. I have medium brown hair with bits of faded ombre meaning these two colours are perfect for me. On days were I want a stronger brow the darker one is great for achieving a bold look whereas for everyday, the lighter one achieves a more natural look. The two can be used together for an ombred brow look which I've loved ever since seeing it on Georgia's Instagram. Both powders are extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. They're also extremely soft and smooth making application a breeze. I apply them with a RT's Brow Brush.

The highlight and the wax: The bottom two squares contain a highlight colour and a wax. I thought this was a lovely touch as it really 'completes' the kit. I apply the wax with a different angled brush to the one I used with the powder and apply a small amount (after powder) to set my brows in place. In the past, I've noticed that the mid-section of my eyebrows has been 'falling' and the shape has not stayed in place so this wax has become a god send to me. The wax can also be used before the powder to pick up more product and create a stronger look. Personally, I don't like the highlight shade. I like the quality but the colour just does not do anything for my skin. It is a peach-toned highlight that doesn't seem to have much shimmer in. I've been after for a more matte highlight for a while now so I was excited to see this however it has let me down and just sits there unloved.

The tweezers and the brush: At the bottom of this little set, there is a section containing a mini pair of tweezers and a tiny double-ended angled brush. I love the fact that there is tweezers as I always forget tweezers if I'm travelling or staying at a friends then I always seem to have a pesky little hair so this kit just solves that perfectly. I haven't used the tweezers yet as I prefer pointed ones over angled ones but from what I've gathered just holding them and taking off the little plastic thing, they seem stiff and hard to work with due to the size. I think they will come in handy in the future however I won't be swapping them for my regular tweezers anytime soon. I won't say much about the brush as I really didn't like it. I found it to be quite coarse and far too small to use. The bristles were also quite rigid meaning the brush gave quite an unnatural look to my eyebrows.

Overall, I'm quite please with this product. I love the brow powders, the wax and the packaging. However I don't think I will be using the highlight, tweezers (except for in emergencies!) or the brush any time soon. I hope this post has helped some of you in the quest for perfect brows as I do think they can make a massive difference to the shape of your face and I believe that without groomed brows, my makeup just doesn't look done.

Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment