Monday 10 March 2014

Dreaming Of Those Long Summer Days | Polyvore

Under Control





River Island jean shorts
$49 - riverisland.com



Nike shoes
$115 - asos.com



Zara black purse
zara.com



Maybelline lipstick
$11 - fragrancedirect.co.uk



River Island nail polish
$4.89 - riverisland.com



River Island nail polish
$4.89 - riverisland.com


As many of you may know, today in Liverpool (I live in the north west of England meaning it's normally very cold, grey and windy) it was extremely sunny and I found myself resenting my thick Topshop parka. I was then casually browsing through Polyvore and the strange weather and the pretty new clothes made me begin to lust after summer. I was seeing cute shorts and bright lipsticks and I just makes me wish of the days when its still dark at 8pm, of not having to worry about taking a jacket, forgetting about college and all of the stresses it comes with, of floral dresses and long days on the beach. Of course my summer this year will be slightly different compared with your average 18-year-old's however I still think it will be good and am thoroughly looking forward to it. 

I think this outfit would be perfect for a long day out in the summer. A jumper in summer? I'm not going mad, honest! I am simply being reasonable in that we all know about the indecisiveness (you could always wear a light t-shirt underneath the jumper? or pack one in this lovely little bag in case it heats up? ) of the British weather so why not wear a jumper, and a beautiful on at that! I can just imagine wearing this with cute, tanned, skinny legs (okay, I need to stop dreaming..) to a BBQ or an outdoor party.

I've been lusting after these shoes for a while now. I mean whats not to love?! They're classic in that they're monochrome, they would be comfy as they're trainers and they're just so effortlessly stylish. Heels and a fancy dress are sexy and all but sometimes, nothing can beat a perfect pair of legs, some denim shorts and beautiful trainers. Oh, if only you weren't £70.00..

I thought the simple beauty bits would compliment the outfit perfectly and add just the right amount of colour. Red lips look beautiful with a tan and they can make you look 'done' without having to wear a lot of makeup which I love!


I added in the picture of this song as it will not get out of my head! These last couple of days I have been listening to it non-stop and I absolutely love it! For me, it's the perfect summer song.

Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment