Wednesday 5 March 2014

Makeup Haul

Over the past few weeks, I seemed to have bought quite a few things so I thought I would comprise them all into a beauty haul. I didn't buy these all at once as that would be ridiculous, one was a gift as well as two being from New York, I also made quite a bit of money from eBay and some were free due to Boots 3FOR2 (love that!) so that's why there's quite a few things. That was my disclaimer-type things so onto what I got!


Urban Decay 'Naked' palette - I think you all know by know that I have recently received the 'Naked' palette bu Urban Decay. I love this palette! I won't say anymore as I am probably boring you know with the amount of times I am mentioning it! Instead, I will save it for a review in the near future.


Rimmel Apocalips: (top to bottom) 'apocaliptic', 'celestial' and 'big bang'- I realize I'm jumping on the Apocalips bandwagon a little late but after seeing a few reviews of these liquid lipsticks, I was on love. They have been on my wish list for a while now and I was after the shade 'celestial' in particular. Boots were having a 3FOR2 and since these colour looked most appealing, I popped them in my basket. Thinking about it now, I wish I would have spent a little more time thinking of a more neutral colour to get instead of 'Apocaliptic' as it's extremely bright and scares me quite a little. I have been looking for a red lipstick for a while as mine all contain either too much pink or too much orange and I think I may have found it. 'Celestial' is definitely my favourite as it's the most wearable colour. I will also be reviewing this in the near future.



Topshop 'morning dew' Blusher and 'Rio Rio' lipstick - I recently exchanged a item in Topshop and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try their makeup. I was on the verge of buying their lipstick in the shade 'Hazard' but then I saw a set containing this blusher and lipstick for the bargain price of £8.40. I figured I would get this instead as the lipstick alone costs £8.00! The blusher is a super pretty pink. I haven't actually used it yet so I'm not too sure what it looks on, I've swatched it and it looked lovely however it's a cream formula and I'm still a bit unsure about how to apply it. This photo makes the lipstick look quite pink but in reality it is a bright orange/red which will be perfect for summer. Bright lips scare me and yet I've bought quite a few lately.. I make no sense.


MAC Studio Fix Fluid in 'NW10' and Rimmel Wake me Up in '010 Porcelain' -  I got this particular bottle of Studio Fix from Gabbie on her trip to New York as with the exchange rates, its only £16.00 and as I'm running out of my current bottle it seemed like a good time to get a new one. When in Boots, I was originally after Boujois' Healthy Mix however the shade range is limited and they were all too dark for me. I figured I would give Rimmel's Wake Me Up a go instead as I had also read quite a lot of reviews about it. A few said it was way too glittery however the majority of them were positive. I wanted this as Studio Fix is quite expensive so I didn't really want to use it on an everyday basis. I've only used it a few times and so far, I'm not blown away. I am going to keep trying it out though then I will do a review post!


Maybelline 'The falsies' - Another 3FOR2 buy.. I've heard great things (mainly from Instagram and Tanya Burr) so I'd figured I would give it ago as I dislike the wand on my 'Volum' Express' mascara by Maybelline. Maybelline has been the queen of mascaras for quite a while now and with all of it's rave reviews, I have high hopes for this. The only problem I'm having is that I can't bring myself to open it until my other ones (I have like 10 on the go!) run out and it's killing me!

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Elusive - This type of lip product - lipstick in a crayon form - have been extremely popular however I have never actually tried one. When browsing around boots, I spotted the pretty little Revlon stand with all their new releases and this particular item caught my eye. Although I'm not a massive lipstick person, I love matte lips on others. I chose this colour as it's a beautiful dusky pink colour (like 'celestial' however slightly lighter and matte) which I thought would suit me. So far I've only worn this once but I love it; the colour is gorgeous, it's not too drying, easy to apply and the staying power is pretty good. Oh and its smells like mint! Once again, expect a review to come!


EOS lip balm in 'Pomegranate Raspberry' - This is another New York item that Gabbie ever so kindly brought back for me. After hating baby lips, I was keen to find my perfect lip balm and I think I've found it! It made my February Favourites after only 2 weeks so obviously I'm in love.

That's it for the make up items I've recently bought! I've also bought some new clothes/jewelry and a few skin care bits but we'll save that for another time! I need to go to the shops tomorrow but I think I may just get distracted by the big 3FOR2 label in Boots again.. I just can't resist. Can you or do the offers just make you go week at the knees?

Megan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment